Friday, October 11, 2013

Those Tender Moments

In case I haven't mentioned I am also a full time student. I'm taking classes at St. Johns River State College. 4 of them! This, along with being a stay at home mom and our new HLHS diagnosis has been keeping me very busy!

I was sitting in my office taking the midterm for Florida Heritage (a really neat class on the history of Florida dating back to 10,000 B.C.) when I overhear the sweetest conversation going on in my den. (Family room to those who didn't have my mom growing up)

I'm sure it goes without saying but we have pictures all over our house of "normal" hearts and "HLHS" hearts. Georgia has become fascinated with Baby Brother's heart. She really doesn't understand what's going on, what 4 year old would?, but she sure likes to think she does. She has been running around the house talking about Baby Brother's "left heart syndrome". Today she picked up the pictures and asked her Daddy to tell her about Baby Brother and his heart.

I hear him very tenderly explaining the heart, what Georgia's heart looks like, where Baby Brother's heart is different and how the doctors are going to help make it more like Georgia's heart.

It's in these precious moments that I realize my heart is sitting in our den having sweet conversations.

0 comments:

About title

About title

About

I am a regular everyday wife to Jason and mom to Christian and Georgia on a roller coaster ride. We are overjoyed to be welcoming a 3rd baby into our life. We feel blessed to be given such a special spirit in this 3rd baby. This is our journey to mend our baby's broken heart.

About Me

Facebook linl

search title

search title

Archive title

Archive title

Popular Posts