Tuesday, November 12, 2013

ROC a bye Baby

Tuesday, November 5th, was my next appointment with the ROC. I go walking in with my huge bruise on my arm like I own the place. For real I have to be there every 2 weeks so they better get to know me as if I do own the place!

I was called back and they went straight to scanning Baby Brother.

They didn't realize I was seeing the Pediatric Cardiologist every two weeks as well so they had scheduled me for a heart measurement scan.

After the scan the tech went to get the doctor and, as per usual, I meet a new ROC doctor. Dr. Villano. Like the beach. She walks in and says "We've never met but I know your scans well". I felt a little famous. But not in the fun way. She said she was invited to the cardiologist board meeting they had the Thursday before and my scans were introduced at the meeting. She had also spoken with my cardiologist, Dr. Lacey, about me and Baby Brother at great length. Great.... It kinda made me cringe. Like I'm the bad kid in class the teachers need to "discuss" before they rotate classes.

Dr. Villano said his heart was now measuring at 50% of his chest size but she wasn't concerned with that. It didn't worry her. So I explained the previous conversation with Dr. Lacey and how concerned Dr. Lacey was when his heart measured 40% so why is a 10% growth in 2 weeks not of a concern now? She said with what she was seeing everything looked ok. Obviously he still has HLHS but outside of that she wasn't worried about anything. Even now as I type it makes my head spin. How can she sit there and tell me, even after speaking with Dr. Lacey about all her concerns, that she isn't worried about the size of his heart? Obviously it caused me a great deal of stress and made me wonder if these doctors actually know what the heck they are talking about.

She let me know I would be back in 2 weeks where they would take all Baby Brother's measurements and make sure he is growing as he should be in all areas and that after that appointment my appointments would then go to weekly appointments. Weekly! For 8 weeks! Well, more like 6 since I'll have 7 weeks left and they are going to schedule my C-Section for the week before my due date.

What a fun appointment that was! And totally unproductive. Talk about more questions than answers.

0 comments:

About title

About title

About

I am a regular everyday wife to Jason and mom to Christian and Georgia on a roller coaster ride. We are overjoyed to be welcoming a 3rd baby into our life. We feel blessed to be given such a special spirit in this 3rd baby. This is our journey to mend our baby's broken heart.

About Me

Facebook linl

search title

search title

Archive title

Archive title

Popular Posts