Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Baby Brother's Daddy

There have been times along our journey into marriage that I wasn't positive we would make it. We have had more ups and downs than an amusement park ride. There was even a point I thought the downs heavily outweighed the ups and didn't know what would happen. We have faced so many struggles in our short 8 and a half years of marriage. Things started to look up for us within the last year. Maybe the 7 year itch was getting the best of us. Who knows. But what I do know is:

There is NO ONE anywhere on this earth I would rather go through this with than my Jason!

As I said, this last year has been one of healing and realization for both of us. Finding out Baby Brother was on the way was a shock that brought us even closer together. Finding out Baby Brother had HLHS has been, in the weirdest way possible, one of the best things to ever happen to our marriage. Now don't get me wrong. I would trade in a great marriage and being a heart mom for a mediocre marriage (with possibilities of becoming great) and a perfect healthy hearted baby. (if that makes sense) But this has truly made us feel like partners. This is something we are in together.

Jason has been my rock! He has forced me to rest. He has held me and dried my tears. He has calmed my troubles. One morning I woke up at 5 am crying. (this is a part of my new normal) I had my back to him in the hopes of not waking him. Instead what I got was two strong arms wrapped around me and a beautiful (and sexy accented) voice in my ear reminding me we will be OK. We will get through this together. That our baby is in great hands with, not just the doctors but, me. He has reassured me this is not my fault. (mother's guilt and all) He has prayed with me and for me and especially for our little guy. But most importantly he has just been there. He hasn't left my side when I needed him most.

My prayer is to be strong enough to return the support when he needs me. I know that day is coming. He showed his vulnerable side when they explained the diagnosis and mending procedure. I'm not sure he's ever been sexier. ;)

So, to my rock ~ I love you more than to the moon and back. My love and admiration for you has grown ten-fold these last two weeks. You and our children are my reason for being and I will use my last breath to tell you how much I love you.

0 comments:

About title

About title

About

I am a regular everyday wife to Jason and mom to Christian and Georgia on a roller coaster ride. We are overjoyed to be welcoming a 3rd baby into our life. We feel blessed to be given such a special spirit in this 3rd baby. This is our journey to mend our baby's broken heart.

About Me

Facebook linl

search title

search title

Archive title

Archive title

Popular Posts