Sunday, October 27, 2013

Build-A-Bear

My Mother-in-Law took the girls to Disney and Build-A-Bear in the Avenues Mall. Piper really wanted to go to Build-A-Bear. She loves stuffed animals as much as Georgia does and had to have something. Georgia loves stuffed animals and everything Disney and since you can get both stores at the Avenues, off they went. They both came home with tons of stuff. Typical! But isn't that what Grandma is for? To buy you all the things your parents say No to? Growing up my Dad's parents had a grocery store. By today's standards it would be considered a neighborhood convenience store. It also had pool tables for the neighbors to hang out. Although I was too young to remember too much about Gullett Grocery I do remember if I was there my Pappaw gave me a small Coke in one of those 8 ounce bottles. I always looked forward to that. Anyway, a grandparent's job is to spoil their grandkids and that is certainly what Grandma was doing with Georgia and Piper.

One of the things they came home with was a baby blue teddy bear from Build-A-Bear for Baby Brother. This bear is so soft and matches his room perfect. It was a very sweet gift. A gift that hit me in a way I never imagined possible.

Have you ever been to Build-A-Bear? Have you made one of their bears? It's just the animal and you get to stuff it and dress it. Something else they have you do is pick a heart to give your bear. And they tell you to rub it between your hands, kiss it, make a wish and then put it in the bear. The thought of this little bear being given a heart for my baby, wishes being made for my little man and sealing it all with a kiss was too much for me to handle. Even as I type this the emotion of it all comes flooding back to me. Who cries over a silly stuffed animal getting a heart? The answer I suppose is a Heart Mom. A mom who now understands all too much how important those little hearts are.

0 comments:

About title

About title

About

I am a regular everyday wife to Jason and mom to Christian and Georgia on a roller coaster ride. We are overjoyed to be welcoming a 3rd baby into our life. We feel blessed to be given such a special spirit in this 3rd baby. This is our journey to mend our baby's broken heart.

About Me

Facebook linl

search title

search title

Archive title

Archive title

Popular Posts