Monday, December 9, 2013

Power of the Priesthood

The first Sunday of every month is Fast and Testimony meeting at our church. We fast for two meals and give the money we would have used for those meals to the welfare program at our church. And our church service is dedicated to those who want to bear testimony to the truthfulness of the Gospel. This particular Sunday, first Sunday in December, the congregation was asked to fast and pray for Baby Brother. For those willing and able, make Baby Brother the focus of your fast and your prayers. Then my sister posted on Facebook about the fast so we had people all over the country fasting and praying for Baby Brother.

{You can read more about our faith and beliefs here www.mormon.org }

Sunday afternoon my friend Pam, her husband Rick and her father Carl Luke came over to talk about the baby and to give the baby a priesthood blessing.

I guess I should stop here and tell you about a phone call with my cousin's wife I had on Tuesday after getting the phone call from Dr. Lacey. Jennifer, who also has a Hypoplastic Left Heart son, reminded me of the power of prayer and to prayer for angels to be in the delivery room. She said I have a brother, my baby brother who passed away at the age of 10 weeks from SIDS, on the other side who is waiting for me to summon him so he can serve me. She said he is just waiting to help and if I asked would guide his nephew's spirit from one world to this one. That he is just desperate for the opportunity to serve me.

OK, So Brother Luke and Rick gave me a blessing. In this blessing Bro. Luke said a lot of things but something I picked up on immediately was him summoning angels to the delivery room and the surgical room. He asked for those angels to guide the hands of the cardiologists so our son has the best chance. He never said my son would be healed but he did say that through our faith miracles could happen. It was powerful prayer and left me feeling positive in a way I hadn't allowed myself to feel in months.

After they left Jason and I talked about it and the thing Jason picked up on was also the asking of angels to attend to us, the baby and the surgeons. And I have faith that all the things he spoke of in this blessing could and would happen. I have faith to move mountains. Especially where my little man is concerned. But, and I know there shouldn't be a but, we have received such horrible news for so long my faith in good news was wavering. But I had to remain hopeful and faithful!

0 comments:

About title

About title

About

I am a regular everyday wife to Jason and mom to Christian and Georgia on a roller coaster ride. We are overjoyed to be welcoming a 3rd baby into our life. We feel blessed to be given such a special spirit in this 3rd baby. This is our journey to mend our baby's broken heart.

About Me

Facebook linl

search title

search title

Archive title

Archive title

Popular Posts