Thursday, November 28, 2013

Dr. Glas Saves The Day...... Again

Friday I had my biweekly appointment with Dr. Glas. Have I mentioned before how much I really have come to love her?

Everything looks good for me. My blood pressure is great. No protein or sugar in my urine. Baby's heart rate is good. Then she asked how my appointment with Dr. Lacey went. Well there goes the good time we were having :/

I explained the appointment as best I could remember. I even had my notes with me but like I've said, I stopped writing at one point. I told her about the two options presented and she asked if Jason and I had made our choice. I looked at her, tears in my eyes, and said yes. We choose to fight. She nodded her head and closed her eyes and when she opened them she said:

"You are making the right choice"

She went on to tell me there is no wrong choice here. Jason and I know this baby more than anyone else and we are the only ones who can make a decision like that. We know what's best for him and for our family. She then went on to say if she was in my position she would make the exact same choice. Her being a medical doctor she can understand Dr. Lacey's views on things but that she would still make the same choice Jason and I made. Dr. Glas reaffirmed Dr. Lacey is a wonderful doctor and knows she will do everything in her power to be able to save this little boy but that she has to give us our options along with the pros and cons for both. Of course I understand that. It just felt really nice to have someone in the medical profession tell me we are making the right choice. To be clear and fair Dr. Lacey never told us we were making the wrong choice. As a matter of fact she left the room from our Thursday appointment saying she was going to start putting the teams together and would call me when the surgery date had been set so she probably already realized we were going with option 1. But it was nice to have someone say you're making the right choice.

Dr. Glas let me know whatever the date she will make herself available for us. This baby has so many people on his side wanting to help. It really is incredible.

0 comments:

About title

About title

About

I am a regular everyday wife to Jason and mom to Christian and Georgia on a roller coaster ride. We are overjoyed to be welcoming a 3rd baby into our life. We feel blessed to be given such a special spirit in this 3rd baby. This is our journey to mend our baby's broken heart.

About Me

Facebook linl

search title

search title

Archive title

Archive title

Popular Posts