Thursday, November 14, 2013

Always The Optimist

I had my OB appointment with Dr. Glas on Friday, November 8th. For those keeping track that makes Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday with appointments. All in one week.

I really wanted to hate Dr. Glas. Not because she is horrible or mean or anything else but because she represents what is so scary. I had to switch because of little guy's issues and she is the new delivering doctor. Luckily for me, Baby Brother and Jason is wonderful and delightful. Soft spoken. Not something I'm used to that's for sure.

I explained what Dr. Lacey had said about taking Baby Brother straight to the NICU and she reminded me there's always hope. Not to give up hope. And that sometimes these babies surprise us. She also reassured me that even if he needs to go straight to the NICU, as long as it doesn't endanger him, she will make sure I get a kiss in. She also said she will talk to one of the nurses to see if they will act as photographer for me. There will be one nurse in there that does her job before they cut me so she would be a good candidate for the position. She also let me know she's fairly confident, given Baby Brother's situation, everyone will be on high alert and more than willing to do even more than they normally do for our family. I do love a doctor that wants to help me remain optimistic.

She saw my bruise and asked what the heck happened to me. I told her it was that crazy lab she sent me to and told her how the guy practically beat up my arm! "Oh that reminds me" she said. "I got your results from the glucose test. I think it was normal." I said you think? And she said she would check to make sure but that she had several come in that week all abnormal so my name stood out since it was normal. Usually the other way around. She left the room and came back in with a smile and said "You're normal" and I said "I've never been accused of being normal!" and she laughed and said she can't speak for me personally but my glucose test was normal. Thanks for clarifying doctor! And thank you for the positive outlook on things. It's nice to feel like someone is in my corner.

0 comments:

About title

About title

About

I am a regular everyday wife to Jason and mom to Christian and Georgia on a roller coaster ride. We are overjoyed to be welcoming a 3rd baby into our life. We feel blessed to be given such a special spirit in this 3rd baby. This is our journey to mend our baby's broken heart.

About Me

Facebook linl

search title

search title

Archive title

Archive title

Popular Posts